Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Too much on my plate!

I've come to the realization this week that I've got way too much on my plate. And when I say this, I'm not speaking of my plate at the Chinese buffet Nick took me to this weekend. Is 3 plates too much? Mmm Mmm Good!!!

There has been so much going on in the past several weeks, I feel like I just need to take a moment to sit and think. Kevin (my business partner) and I were talking last Friday and I told him about this opportunity that fell into my lap with the Black Chamber of Commerce. He laughed and said, "Girl, you have too much going on." He began to list my activities as if they were the starting line up for University of Tennessee football team (he's a HUGE UT football fan)....GO VOLS!!!! NOT (Nick told me to insert ROLL TIDE!!!) ..... Anyway, the list went a little something like this:
  • Ambassador for the Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce
  • Weekly Art class
  • Weekly bible study
  • Jazzercise (kicking myself for only going once a week)
  • Monthly Dining Club
  • Monthly Coffee Talk networking event

Over the weekend, I added to the list:

  • maintaining a home (starting a bathroom remodel)
  • a hubby (Nick has weekly basketball games)
  • a business
  • family and friends
  • church activities
  • contributing writer for a new magazine launching in January

WHEW!!!!!!!!!

Nevertheless, I turned down the opportunity to work with the Black Chamber, but left the door open to work on special projects, if they needed me. Which, Roxianne has already contacted for for an October project.

My theme for this year is "The Year of Refinement". I guess its time to reevaluate and do some more refining.

No comments:

Post a Comment