Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What Not To Wear...

OK ladies, this question is for you. When you ask your significant other, "How do I look?", do you REALLY want to know? I'm sure this question has made many a man's life flash before their eyes. Do we really want to know what they think, or are we just in search of words of confirmation? Well, this past week I found out the answer to this question, without having to ask it.

Nick was on vacation so he was home while I was getting ready for work. I had already taken out my outfit for the day and proceeded to dress for the day. I had chosen a multi-colored long-sleeved button-down shirt dress that tied at the waist. I looked in the mirror and thought to myself, "Hmm, its a little snug in the belly area, but it doesn't look THAT bad." Well apparently I was WRONG!!!!

One last check in the mirror and I headed for the door. Nick stopped me before I could leave the bedroom. He had this eye-brow raised look on his face and I could tell he was starring directly at my belly. The conversation went a little something like this:

L: "What's the matter?"
N: "That's what you're wearing?"
L: "Yeah, what's wrong with it?"
N: "Uhm...its a little snug, don't you think?"
L: "It doesn't look that bad does it?"
N: "Well..."

I immediately made a u-turn back to the closet. So what lesson have I learned here? In retrospect, I'd much prefer my hubby to be honest with me than have me walking out the house looking a hot mess. There's no need to get upset or be insecure...it is what it is. He was probably being somewhat biased, he didn't like that dress before I got pregnant. 15 WEEKS AND COUNTING....

No comments:

Post a Comment