Thursday, October 30, 2008

3 Weeks and Counting!

Our appointment with Dr. M went well on Tuesday and...its official. We find out if its a boy or girl on the 19th of November. WOW!!! We'll be 20 weeks at that time and have to go in for our ultrasound. I did find out that my nurse's name isn't Kathy like I've been calling her for the past 2 months. Its actually Gina and just so happen, she lived outside of Huntsville for several years. I think she's quite smitten with Nick. But anyway, she checked my blood pressure and weight and everything was normal. I did pick up those 2 or 3 pounds that I had lost. THANK GOODNESS!!! We chose to forgo the tests for Down Syndrome and just figured, why put any undo stress on ourselves. We're relying on our faith and trusting that no matter what, God is....

Nurse Gina tried her best to get a good read on the heartbeat, but she said, "This sucker won't be still." It was literally "dodging the doppler". We did eventually hear the heartbeat, albeit momentarily. I think she said it was around 150. Doctor M came in for a brief consultation. She requested that I not do anymore floor exercises in Jazzercise class, but said I can continue with the cardio. She gave us our next ultrasound date (Nov. 19th) and the date for the follow up visit (Nov. 25th). She also said for us to start thinking about pediatricians and to make our final decision as to which hospital we would like to deliver. I guess we'll tour Baptist and Centennial in the coming weeks. Decisions...Decisions...Decisions... If you have a pediatrician you would like to recommend, let me know. Also, I'm trying to put together a photo montage so you can see how big I'm not getting. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment