Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MY FRIENDS DON'T READ BLOGS!!! I HOPE....

OK...so here's the deal. I'M PREGNANT!!!!! To top it off, no one outside of immediate family knows. This is literally about to drive me insane. How can I keep such a huge secret??? My husband calls me a "faucet" because he knows there is no way I can go the 1st trimester without yelling it to the world. Mind you, I'm only 6 weeks.

How did this happen to me? Well, I know HOW it happened, I just can't believe it. I have subconsciously blamed it on my best friend. She was in town visiting for my 30th bday bash and upon her return home, she told me that she had a dream that I was pregnant. She said we were crying from elation. Well, anyway, I just shrugged it off and we both went the rest of the week without even discussing it.

Well that next Friday rolled around and my curiousity got the best of me. In the next 2 days, I didn't take one test, or even two tests....I took three tests and they all confirmed her dream....WHAT!!!!!

I was determined to go to the Dr.'s office to have this silly notion negated. I called the office and explained to the nurse that I would like to come in to take an "official office test". The nurse questioned why I had suspected that I was pregnant. I went on to explain to her how I had take these THREE home tests and just "wasn't sure". She laughed almost uncontrollably and said, "Oh honey, there's no need in you wasting money on a copay to come in the office. YOUR PREGNANT....Congratulations!!" I said, "What do you mean?" She went on to explain stuff that sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown. I just remember her saying some about "accuracy", "first visit", "see you then". My mind was literally in a wind tunnel....

I've WebMD'd myself to death in the past 3 weeks. Did I mention my mother works in an OB/GYN office??? Talk about information overload, "Don't go to Jazzercise", "Don't eat the cheese at Mexican Restaurants", "Don't lift your arms above your head"....WHAT are you people saying.

Well, anywho....I've created this blog as a temporary outlet and to share with those family members that are in the know. Hope you all enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment